Ready for action!
Comeback: Laco revives its classic „Atacama“
Pforzheim, October 2018 – The “Atacama“ ranks among the first squad watches launched on the market by Laco. The German watch manufacturer‘s model will be making a comeback this autumn. As with all the brand‘s wrist watches, clear design, “Made in Germany“ quality, and sturdiness are also prominent features of these watch.
When development work began for this watch, high quality standards and requirements had to be met – for the toughest conditions. A 100% reliable thoroughbred mechanical watch “Made in Germany“ resulted from work partly carried out in close cooperation with the German Army and special units. This new edition “Atacama” is aimed at emergency forces, police, military and those who love outdoor activities.
In order to give the watch the necessary strength, the sensitive screwed crown has been integrated in an innovative way into the watch strap at the 12 o´clock position. The double joint between the case and strap makes this possible. Due to this the watch fits snugly onto the wrist, and increases wearer comfort.
The Laco 24 automatic movement, based on the Swiss calibre ETA 2824.2, functions perfectly even in the trickiest situations. In contrast to other types of watch fitted with a rotating bezel, the rotatable ring has a countdown function, counting down backwards anti-clockwise. This is particularly useful when coordinating joint deployments.
Hard sapphire crystal on the front and reverse protects the interior of the watch. Hands, numbers and indexes are coated with luminescent Superluminova, rendering them easily legible during twilight and at night. In addition, the screw-down crown ensures water resistance of up to 50 ATM. This Laco squad watch is suited for robust daily use in the toughest conditions – and has a simple, yet distinct design.
ATACAMA.2 (Referenz 861632.2)
- Squad watch with stainless steel case, black PVD plating
- Conical case shape with turnable countdown bezel, protected screw crown at position 12 h, flexible end pieces
- Ø 46 mm, flat sapphire crystal, screwed case back with sapphire crystal, water resistant up to 50 ATM
- Automatic movement Laco 24 (Basis: ETA 2824.2 (Elaboré)), 25 jewels, date at 6 h, hacking second
- Black dial with arabic numerals, indexes with luminous material Superluminova
- Hands also filled with luminous material Superluminova
- Black rubber strap, 22 mm lug width
- Weight: approx. 130 g -RRP: 930 € (1.130$)
- Estimated date of delivery: October 2018