Pilot Watch Original
55 mm Aviator Observation Watch
The used vintage leather makes every watch strap unique. Being a product of nature, it can present itself with color and structure variations.
- product description
- Article variations
- Model matrix
The legendary reputation LACO aviation watches had during the early 1940s helped to firmly establish the company, so it was only natural that we would welcome the opportunity to create another unlimited edition
of our REPLIKA, especially one that would coincide with our 90th Anniversary celebration of Laco’s founding.
- Laco 97 - Based on the venerable Swiss ETA 6497.1 , our modified version of the handwinding movement features a hacking second hand, Incabloc shock protection, Glucydur screw balance, swan neck fine adjustment, and an engraved serial number.
- Our exclusive media blasted stainless steel case with its dark finish and engraved FL23883 ordnance number is a signature component of the REPLIKA watch. It features a double domed sapphire crystal on the front, and a solid case back that has been laser engraved on the inside to replicate original details, and engraved on the outside with the watch’s serial number.
The impressive case includes antimagnetic protection
- Designed to exactly replicate the dial of the original Model B observation watch, the dial is finished with a matt black background and Superluminova C3 indices.
- The hands represent yet another design highlight of the REPLIKA. The hour and minute hands are made of thermally blued steel filled with Superluminova C3, and both the minute and second hands are distinguished by a curved tip to aid in accurate time reading.
- Unique to these aviation watches, and a critical element of our homage design, the REPLIKA is fitted with a riveted brown calf leather strap constructed in the same closed-loop style of the original.
- Our unwavering attention to detail is exemplified by the presentation box used for the REPLIKA that reproduces the original shipping boxes LACO used for the watch during the 1940s. Each light brown box has, as they did over 70 years ago, the watch’s serial number stamped on its end.
- 55,0 mm
- 21,0 mm
- lug width:
- 26,0 mm
- lug to lug:
- 65,0 mm
- up to 5 ATM
- 199,1 g (incl. strap)
- Arm circumference:
- 16,5 - 24 cm
Made in Germany.
To be able to read all data of the model matrix completely, move within the matrix from one side of the table to the other.
Stylish accessories, reliable travel companions and much more - immerse yourself in the diverse world of Laco watches and let our customers inspire you. With our hashtag #laco1925 you too will become part of the Laco family!
From passion to legend: The Pilot watch from Laco.
There are pilot watches. And then there is the pilot watch from Laco. As one of a few exclusive companies the workshop in Pforzheim can look back on a long tradition. Whereas in the 1940s a Laco was an indispensable tool in the cockpit, today it is an expression of freedom. With a Laco aviator watch you are not only wearing a precise and robust watch on your wrist, but also a piece of history.
Please note: The first engraving is free of charge, any further engraving is possible at a surcharge of 49€/57US$. Further engravings can be added to the cart via the provided text field in the article. Unfortunately, personalised products can be neither returned nor exchanged.Add / Change
The first engraving is free of charge, a further engraving is possible for an extra charge of 49€/57US$. After receipt, you can cancel your order within 48 hours. After that, you no longer have the right of return, as the engraving will then be applied.
For more information see our FAQ.